Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It wasn't me

Coming home from work today, I found a very nice bunch of flowers on the dining table. They were not put into a vase or into water, they were just laying on the table. The first thing that crossed my mind was: there must have been a delivery for one of the neighbors who probably wasn't home at the time. Hubby was home this morning, so he must have taken the flowers to be delivered to whomever they were meant for.
I'm not used to getting flowers from my husband, he's just not that kind of guy. It's not that he wouldn't buy me any, it's just that it doesn't cross his mind. Anyway, I still didn't know who the flowers came from and who they were meant for. In the meantime, Lana came home and she was astound to see the flowers. She asked me if it were our anniversary or something. But it wasn't. She couldn't think of any reason her daddy would buy me flowers. So we still didn't know.
I put the beautiful bouquet in my nicest vase and I waited for hubby to return my call. In the end he called me to tell me the story. Right away, he told me he didn't buy me the flowers.. This morning a lady rang the doorbell. She brought me flowers, because she thought they would cheer me up. We used to be friends, but then something came up and we lost track of one another. It was nice of her, to think of me. It was nice to get a lovely bouquet of flowers. It was a surprise...!


No comments: