Sunday, October 18, 2009

I hate diet food - day

Being a diabetic, I have to watch every bit of food I put into my mouth. Not one single meal can be eaten, without having to wonder: how much insulin do I need to cover these carbs, what will this food do to my blood sugars? Some eaten foods may spike your blood sugar that high, that you need a nap and a lot of extra insulin to recover..
Salads are good for us, and meat and fish have no carbs to them. That's about it. There are carbohydrates in almost anything else, meaning I need insulin to stop my blood sugars from going bananas (banana - 19 gr carbs per 100 gr). But hey, do you think we are not human??? Most days, I do pretty good at sticking to the diet - well, I don't call it a diet though, it's more of a lifestyle (at least it sounds more positive than the negative loaded word "diet"). But some days I would like to send diabetes to the moon and give in to all the good things around. I used to fight those days, really. It frustrated me so much, that I would end up binge eating. I do not want to go back there, so once in a while, I allow myself to have a "I hate diet food - day". I think I had one today... and I'm ready to hit the sack, for the carbs have worn me off..


2 comments:

E. Devine said...

Cathy,
Eric Devine here. Thanks for your comment about my work. I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as you did, and that my blog resonates as well. Please review on Amazon if you can, and spread the word to whomever will listen. Thank you so very much.

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

Hi Eric,

I have put a link here and I already blogged about you. Of course I commented on Amazon as well. I'm so looking forward to the next Eric Devine book :-)

I would have loved to have you as my English teacher. Your vocabulary is impressive and it was a true joy to read it. You have inspired me..

Cathy