Saturday, September 5, 2009

Longing for big nuts

I believe I must have been 14 at the time. I took the train to go to school in Ieper, West Flanders. I couldn't wait for school to be over, to rush back to the train station. How I longed for big nuts! Hey! Behave, will you!!!! I'm talking about a delicious, fulfilling piece of chocolate bar, filled with crunchy, whole peanuts! I don't remember the exact brand, but the bar was called Big Nuts. I got it out of a vending machine and it was so satisfying to have one. I remember how much it was: 20 Belgian franks (half a euro). I would suck up the chocolate and leave the peanuts for dessert... hmhmhm... Do you think the chocolate bar still exists?


2 comments:

Upje said...

Bedoel je deze? http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/01/big-nuts-chocolate-bar-from-cote-dor/

In dat geval dus blijkbaar wel, want deze website is van 2009 ;-). Maar ikzelf heb het alvast nog nooit gezien ...

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

jaaaaaaaa! dat is 'm!!!! Ik zal eens moeten kijken of ik die nog ergens kan vinden! Bedankt hè!