Thursday, August 27, 2009

Clouds across the moon

We were promised a whippet puppy to come live with us. We have been looking forward to having her for a couple of weeks now. But there are clouds across the moon.. The puppies are born, but there aren't as many as they expected: 7 instead of 8-11. Meaning we won't have a puppy from that litter.
I found another puppy. She was born in May 2009 and had the right age to go live with another family. But then the host family decided to keep the dog after all, because she is so sweet..
A third mail came in today. One little puppy that was looking for a new home. Too bad the family can't prove the ancestors of the puppy. I was told that there is another breed involved, so it wouldn't be a true and pure whippet.
It is disappointing and I'm rather sad. I have waited 15 years for a baby whippet, and finally my husband agreed to have a whippet in the house. And now I can't find any.. Maybe I have to be more patient, but the thing is: I'm not a real patient person. Although.. 15 years is a lot of patience.

So we keep on looking, asking around, writing e-mails and making phone calls. One day, we will have a whippet to take care of. I'm convinced it is going to happen. I have a guardian angel and she is helping me out. She's doing the best she can to help us find the puppy to fit our household. And I'm pretty confident that puppy is to be found in the near future. So I am not desperate (yet). Don't tempt me too much..


No comments: