Sunday, July 19, 2009

Morocco

We did it. We booked. We are going on a summer holiday in Agadir, Morocco. I have been to several other countries before. I do not like to go back to the same country twice, unless we talk about the States, of course. Because every state is different after all.
I have been to Egypt twice, because cruising the Nile and visiting Sharm el Sheikh are two completely different vacations. Our eldest daughter was ready for another visit to Egypt, but that would've been the third year in a row for us. I preferred to go elsewhere, and so did the rest of the family.
I believe Northern Africa has many beautiful countries. So we picked Morocco this time. I'm sure we will have a wonderful time. We chose a very nice hotel, the beach just across the main boulevard. I'm sure the girls will love it too!
In Egypt, they learned some Arab words. I'm not sure if they still remember them. I know Lana remembers some and I know I remember quite some phrases! I love the sound of the Arab language, the writing, the culture, the colors of Egypt. No doubt this holiday will be as satisfying as our other vacations.

I'm feeling very fortunate to have the opportunity to take our children to many countries, so they can sniff some culture and learn about different cultures. They are not the children's animation type of kids. They prefer roaming around, discovering things and visiting nice towns. They will love the soukhs, I just know they will! Picking out earrings, scarves, slippers,.. They have a sweet tooth for Arabian treats and desserts. And they just love the flat bread and pomegranate.

We'll be gone for 10 days. I hope someone will come over to take care of our pets and keep an eye on the house. It's a good opportunity for someone who likes to spend some time on the country side, enjoy the garden and the pool. The freezer is stuffed with food and the pantry has all the basics you need to cook your favorite meal. So what's keeping you from coming over and do some house sitting?


No comments: