Friday, July 24, 2009

The finer things

We've been away on a two day journey in Oberhausen, Germany. It's been fantastic, as usual. There were 8 of us and we get along just fine. It's great to have good friends. We have been going on trips for quite some years now (I guess it must be 5 years by now, if not more?) and we still enjoy each other's company. No arguing, no disagreeing, just fun, relaxation, good conversations, shopping, eating out, singing along in the car,.. what a ball we have when we are together!

My batteries are loaded again. I do need these outings. I spend quite some time with the children and I love them to pieces. They are easy going and great fun. Sometimes we need some grown up time though and then it is great to spend some special time with our adult friends.

Thank you guys, for organizing this trip! You rock! My feet are killing me, my bank account must be closed by now, I'm sure I gained 5 pounds and I didn't sleep well. But we were together and you gave me strength and friendship and love. We hugged and held hands walking along the shops in the mall. We kissed and fooled around and enjoyed each other's company. I hope it won't be too long before we have our next meeting..

1 comment:

Upje said...

*glimlach*