Wednesday, July 1, 2009

And they lived happily ever after

Amongst the friends I have, there aren't many couples. Mostly it's a female or a male friendship. There is one couple though, I may consider friends. Both of them are very precious to me. I met them a couple of years ago and in the mean time, they have become friends.

I see her more than I see him, but our minds cross once in a while. Maybe I should visit them more often, but his evening shifts complicate those visits. If I want to catch both of them, I would have to visit them on Wednesdays, when he's not working. But that is also their one private day together so I won't disturb them then.

The friendship she and I share is pretty intense. We understand each other without words and we can call one another whenever we feel the need. There are things we tell each other, nobody else knows about. Is it because she's a professional and she's used to keeping things to herself? Or is it because I just trust her? I guess it's both.

Her husband has a lot of wisdom. I love to listen to his stories and especially the moral gets my attention. In his culture, people treat people in a different way than we do over here. They tend to help one another much more than we do, without asking any questions like: when will you pay me back or why did you stop calling me? They remain friends and they would travel 10 hours to come help you out whenever you would be in trouble, as a matter of speaking.

He and she make a perfect match. She needs him and he needs her. He brings peace and relaxation into the relationship, she is bubbly and very energetic and keeps the family business going. I can't wait for them to have a baby. It will definitely grow up in a loving environment and with excellent values. He is so fond of children and has a very special way of talking with kids. They listen to him and they value him and for him they would do anything. I can tell, because both our daughters adore him..

Fate made us meet. I had many colleagues at that time, but she and I got along right away. She's 10 years younger and sometimes I see her as my little sister. We do fight once in a while, but we always make up, because we know we wouldn't hurt each other on purpose.

Today is her birthday. Happy birthday my friend! You're special..

No comments: