Sunday, June 7, 2009

You don't have to lose this battle

My dear friend.. you have walked a rocky road from when you were still a child. You didn't grow up in the most loving environment, and neither did your siblings. There were problems and you got hurt so many times. Your father kept telling you, you weren't good enough. He told you you were fat and huge and worthless and you were a pain in the butt. After hearing that story over and over again, you started to believe it. Because that's what children do. They believe what grown ups keep telling them over and over again. That man hurt you big time. No child should be hurt. Nobody has the right to abuse a child, not physically, not mentally. Children are supposed to be loved. Not a single child deserves to be mistreated.

My dear friend, you are so desperately seeking for love, for acceptance. And not in the least from your father. The man who didn't treat you as a father should. You still hope for his approval. You still hope, one day, he will say he loves you for who you are.

My dear friend, don't give up on yourself. You are worth the fight. You will have to overcome quite some problems, in order to find happiness. Life hasn't been easy on you and it's been a real ordeal. Some of your siblings still live at home. You want to protect them from being hurt and you feel responsible for your baby sister and brother.

Your birthday is coming up. Last year we celebrated it together. I don't know what this year will bring. I hope your new life will give you the opportunities you so much deserve. Remember that there are people out there, that love you for who you are and care about you, although none of us will ever realise what you have been through. I want you to know, that I love you and that you are on my mind. I can't give you a better life and I certainly can't change your past. And I know I don't need to. Because I'm convinced that one day, you will find the strength in yourself to pull yourself together and do what it takes to leave it all behind and live your own life, far away from the people that hurt the little child inside of you.. Whenever you need me, let me know. Because I care..


No comments: