Friday, June 12, 2009

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Well, do you? I don't know if I believe in it. I haven't experienced it yet. I have fallen in love a few times (okay, I admit it, more than just a few times..), but never at first sight. Some men are really attractive, but appearance is no reason for me to fall in love. I need more. There must be a sparkle, some way of attraction. A mysterious look, an honest smile, a contagious laughter. Sometimes it's just a sentence, a couple of words, that may attract my attention. That doesn't mean I fall in love right away. I don't fall in love that easy after all.

As a teen, I always wondered who would break up the relationship first: he or I? I never believed in "they lived happily ever after". I always thought one of them would at least get fed up with the other. On many occasions, that's also reality. I was not the marrying type. I guess I'm not romantic enough. I'm more of a practical person. But you know what? Today is our 15th anniversary and we have been married for 14 years. And I think that is pretty remarkable nowadays.

On some days, I fall in love. With my husband.. and whenever I see those tiny wrinkles around his eyes when he looks at me, I know he's still in love with me too. And that is comforting..

1 comment:

Upje said...

Proficiat, meisje! Vijftien jaar, dat is al niet meer niets, hé. Op naar de volgende vijftig ofzo? ;-)