Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bollywood

A friend of mine introduced me to the Bollywood movies. You like them or you don't. I'm a fan! If you have had the luck to watch one Bollywood right through the end, you will want to see more, I'm telling you!
I have bought several Bollywood movies since. Veer Zaara is still my favorite. Veer Pratap Singh, played by the most romantic Shah Rukh Khan, is an officer and pilot in the Indian Air Force. He meets a beautiful Pakistani heiress, Zaara Hayaat Khan (the gorgeous Preity Zinta), as she travels to a small Indian village to scatter the ashes of one of her family's loyal servants. Veer has family in the village and they are willing to take Zaara in for the night, although most Indians show no affection for Pakistanis. Veer falls madly in love, to find out that Zaara is promised to another man, Raza, who is cruel and humorless. Zaara wants out of her engagement and Veer runs to the rescue. Matters take a turn for the worse though, and Veer winds up in jail... Will they ever meet again?
We like to keep the end of the story to ourselves. In some cultures, you are supposed to tell the story's ending to your friends, because they want to know in advance! Imagine!
I also like the soundtrack of Veer Zara as well. I just bought it on I-Tunes and it brings back memories of some good Bollywood evenings..


No comments: