Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bam Boleo Bam Bolero!


Diabetics have to keep an eye on their sugar intake. I do eat sugar once in a while, but I hate to deliver insulin for fluid carbohydrates. I think it's such a waste. So I am always looking out for new sugar free drinks.

For over at least one year, I have been drinking the sugar free Bolero. It's an absolutely fantastic product. No sugar, hardly any calories. You buy the drink in little sachets. There are 26 different tastes, so even picky people have a variety to choose from. One sachet is to be solved into 2 litres of cold water (soda water or spring water, either will do). Some people only use 1.5 litres of water, but to me, that is too sweet. I prefer it otherwise, and so does our family.

I always hide some sachets of Bolero in my purse. Comes in handy at any time. In some places, they have no diet coke and I'm not a fan of plain water. I like some taste to it! So I order water and then I pour some Bolero in it, to make my own colorful and tasteful drink.

People ask me, what taste I prefer. There are 26 varieties to choose from, but these are my favorites to mix with soda water: apple, lemon, orange, cherry, ginger, coke.
Mandarin, mango (this one is my favorite summerpunch), strawberry-banana, strawberry, raspberry, forest fruit, peach, watermelon, pear, multivitamin, white grape, red grape, pineapple go best with regular spring water.
The 6 different Ice Tea flavored bolero drinks, can be solved into either spring water or soda water. And of course, what keeps you from mixing different tastes and making your own punch?

Bolero works real well if solved in milk or yogurt too. It thickens the dairy product just a little, so you can make your own flavored yogurt drink, starting from milk and bolero. Most of the time I use lemon, cherry, raspberry, pineapple.. Keep the drinks in the fridge at all times, to get the best result and taste.

Our children love to freeze Bolero to result in yummie and sugar free popsicles. Need I say more.. Go get some yourself! You won't regret it!

I order the Bolero drinks in Germany, because they are not available in our wonderful country. The seller (Peter) can answer your mails and orders in Dutch, English, German,.. and he's a very good guy and very reliable. He ships pretty fast and you know what? It's not expensive at all! One sachet costs 30 euro cent and it makes 2 litre of lemonade!
If you have no idea what tastes to pick, go for the beginners box: 2 sachets of every taste. For the total amount of € 13.20 + shipping fee. Let me know what you think of it, and tell Peter I said hi! He loves to hear from me :-)

For my Belgian friends: I order Bolero pretty often, so if you want me to order some extra for you, email me.


No comments: