Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lovin' every minute of it

It must have been the summer where I turned 14. I had applied for a summer job in the amusement park nearby. They said they couldn't use me, because I was too young. But I really, really wanted to work there! Even though I didn't have the right age! I wanted to make some pocket money to call mine. 

And then they called me. They had a vacancy, to begin the next morning at 6 AM. I was so thrilled! I had no idea what the job description was, but I didn't care. I had a job!!!

I had to clean the cafeteria.. what a bummer. I had never cleaned anything prior to this huge job that was awaiting me. I had no idea where to start or how to even hold the mop! I was only 13, going on 14. 

But you know what? Although it was very hard work for a teen, I loved every minute of it. Because I got to spend time in my favorite amusement park. And for the next four years, I had the best job ever. I'll tell you about that job some other time. You're too curious!

No comments: