Sunday, April 26, 2009

What I like about you

I think I met you 9 years ago. You turned 40 and I was 29. You were single, I was married with two children. I loved you right away. You have a vibrant personality and you always seem to get my attention. I look up to you and cherish your advice. You are mature and pure and well mannered. You respect me. You are a gentleman. You know about life, because you have been there. We always talk about how we are going to go to South-Africa. Or to the States, because we love the same countries. We share the same love for Californian Chardonnay and excellent food. You are the only person who can criticize me, without upsetting me. Because I value you. And I know your comments are true and for my own good. 
You make me feel like a queen, whenever I am in your presence. It comes natural, and you don't brag about it. It's just who you are..

I never believed in friendship between a woman and a man, without being romantically involved. I do now. You showed me it is possible. And I would never jeopardise this friendship. Because I would miss you terribly. You are special. I'm a lucky woman. 

No comments: