Saturday, April 25, 2009

Stuffed turkey



It's 1 a.m. and our friends just left. I feel like a stuffed turkey... I ate too much, I had too much to drink and I'm very warm. Hubby just went off to bed, after he cleaned up and I want to check my computer before I'm going to get some sleep.
It's been a great day. Our friends were 2 hours late, because they were caught in a traffic jam. Poor them.. It took them way too long to get here and they were exhausted by the time they got here. I should've driven up the road to meet them halfway, so we could have a pick nick!
But in the end, they got here and I was so happy to see them. We cuddled and we laughed and we had a great time together. I always value their company of a real high standard. They are great people. And they brought me some wonderful presents! Not one, many. For example, the most extraordinary vase I have ever seen, a gorgeous bouquet of long-stemmed white roses, a big tote bag full of Italian goodies (asparagus pasta? I'm anxious to cook those!) and two colorful rubber duckies for the girls - to complete their collection.  
We had a wonderful meal. First we had cocktails and tapas. As a starter, there was the choice of marinated prawn salad with a sticky balsamic dressing or tender tandoori chicken spinach wrap. The main course was pork tenderloin, stuffed with spinach and carrots, covered in mushroom cream sauce, accompanied by French fries, oven baked garlic tomatoes and individual portions of oven baked scalloped root celery- sweet potato casserole. The homemade Italian breadrolls were delicious, with little speckles of sundried tomato and basil, topped with real butter and fresh ground pepper. YUMMIE!
Our guests could choose between homemade chocolate mousse, double chocolate pudding or toffee ice cream with homemade fudge and homemade caramel syrup for dessert.
I'm so happy we finally had another great time together, as I have missed my friends for too long..

No comments: