Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A freaking 22!

In the heat of the night, a horrible sensation rushed through my body. I had this dream that somebody was chasing me and was scaring the daylight out of me. My heart was pounding and I was getting out of breath. And then I was shot... I woke up and felt absolutely wound up. My Terumo glucose meter is always laying next to me in bed, for emergency calls. I tested right away and saw a freaking 22! DUH! Thank you, Dr. Feelgood, for raising my basal pattern. I knew this was going to happen! Thankfully I can still rely on my dreams to wake me up. What would've happened if I had not woken up? Don't even want to go there... This morning I got up with a 58. That's still too low. Normal blood glucose is between 80 and 126 mg/dl, remember..

I had two lows at work as well yesterday (59 and 46), due to raising my basal pattern on my insulin pump. I hate hypoglycaemia! It makes me tremble, blurs my eye sight, takes away my concentration and gives me an overall not feeling well. 

No comments: