Friday, April 24, 2009

Boyz in da house

Today, 4 good friends are coming over, to check out the new look of our house. In 1997, we bought this 100 year old house, in a small town in East-Flanders. There was basically no luxury in the house, meaning just basic electricity, no water, no central heating, no isolation, no nothing. But we thought it was a good price and we were willing to put a lot of effort in the house. It has a large backyard and our town is a delight to live in. Over here, you can still leave your car unlocked in front of the house, in a manner of speaking. 

It took us many years to decide what we wanted to do with the house. But we finally stripped the facade and replaced it with new bricks, a new front door and new windows. And we like it a lot!
A couple of months ago, my father-in-law and hubby pulled up their sleeves and started to sand down the walls so they could paper the walls and paint the interior. A good friend of ours helped us to choose the right colors. He's an interior designer and he's so good with colors! 

Anyway, that same friend, both his brothers and their mom, are coming over to see the results of our hard labor. And I'm going to cook for them. They are very good hosts themselves. They always treat us like royalty whenever we go over to visit them. So now it's our turn to pamper them. I can't wait to see them! All 4 of them are very special to me and I love them. We hug and we chat and love each other as good friends do. And I know I can depend on them. Whenever I'm in trouble or in need of a comforting shoulder, I know who to call.

2 comments:

Upje said...

Ik hoop dat je er momenteel heel erg van aan het genieten bent!

Huggie,

www.kokenenhogehakken.blogspot.be said...

o ja Upje, heel erg! We hebben een heel fijne avond gehad. Mijn batterijtjes zijn weer opgeladen. En alles is heel goed meegevallen :-) I'm a lucky girl...